Notated Music in an Online Environment
Online Panel Discussion, organised by IAML
Date: 15 December 2020
Time: 15.00-16.30 CET
The emergence of the COVID-19 pandemic, with its wide-ranging impact on everyday lives and livelihoods, has inevitably focused attention on the challenges and opportunities of online communication and dissemination.
In the musical sphere, streamed performances have become commonplace, and many music teaching institutions have switched to online tuition, while researchers and students rely to an even greater extent on the provision of scores, recordings and other materials online.
Drawing on speakers from both the library and publishing communities, this panel discussion will consider current challenges and opportunities in the provision of notated music in an online environment.
- Anna Pensaert (Head of Music Collections, Pendlebury Library and University Library Music Department, Cambridge), moderator
- Jane Gottlieb (Vice President for Library and Information Resources, Juilliard School, New York)
- Claire Kidwell (Head Librarian, Jerwood Library, Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance, London)
- Pedro García-Velasquez (Composer and Co-Founder, BabelScores, Paris)
- Juan Camilo Rojas (Head of Institutional Partners and Customers Relations, BabelScores, Paris)
- Dr Norbert Gertsch (Deputy Managing Director and Head of Publishing, G. Henle Verlag, Munich)
The session will be presented via the Zoom platform and registration is free of charge.
Deadline: 14. December 23:59 UTC.